South Baldwin

2014 Guide

Issue link:

Contents of this Issue


Page 21 of 123

LOCAL Information Residence Information What New Residents Need to Know LOWER ALABAMA and in particular the area known as South Baldwin County, is a very favorable relocation and retirement destination not only for its wonderful mild W only issued at the main Baldwin County Courthouse in Bay Minette Monday through Friday between the hours of 8 a.m. and 3 p.m. The licensing process takes about present to obtain a marriage license. The only acceptable form of payment is cash. Call the Baldwin County brackets. Social security, military and civil service about age and documentation requirements or visit HUNTING AND FISHING – Any Alabama resident of fair market value. For more detailed information about LICENSES AND REGISTRATION DRIVER'S LICENSES – New residents must obtain an Alabama State Driver's license within 30 days of establishing residency. Licenses are obtainable at Baldwin County Satellite Courthouse, 201 E. Section St., Foley. For VEHICLE REGISTRATION – New residents are required to license autos, motorcycles, pickup trucks, trailers and motor homes within 30 days of establishing residency. The vehicle and title for that vehicle must be present to register. The Baldwin County Satellite Courthouse, 201 E. Section St., Foley, registers vehicles Monday - Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Call the courthouse at documentation that may be required. Alabama requires automobile insurance but has no state vehicle inspection requirement. BOAT REGISTRATION – New residents must bring the registration receipt from the previous state. Fees are based on boat length. Call the Baldwin County Satellite born on or after August 1, 1977, you must have a Hunter obtain—you can even get a license by phone, instantly! Just call toll free 1-888-848-6887. For detailed information about outdoor recreation licenses, visit outdooralabama. com/licenses. VOTER REGISTRATION – You may register to vote at the Baldwin County Satellite Courthouse MondayFriday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. The Board of Registrars also provides monthly mobile voter registration throughout the county at various locations and dates. Call the Board of UTILITIES AND PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION Baldwin County EMC provides electric service to Summerdale, portions of Foley, Elberta, all of Gulf Shores and Orange Beach and many other unincorporated communities in Baldwin County. To determine if your 989-6247 or 800-837-3374 between 7:00 a.m. and 6:00 MARRIAGE LICENSES – Marriage Licenses are 20 Discover South Baldwin 2014

Articles in this issue

Links on this page

Archives of this issue

view archives of South Baldwin - 2014 Guide